The unthinkable usually starts a disruptive evolution: you used to go to Borders to buy a book, to Blockbuster to rent a movie, and you poured through Encyclopedia Britannica for your research project. In a world where digital transformation is a key driver behind innovation, legacy businesses are quickly being overtaken by more nimble startups. Recent years have seen dozens of startups in the financial services sector: Square, PayPal, Dwolla, and Scott Bales’s own…Movenbank, enter the market at an opportune time. Bales looks at the reasons behind these startups, and why some of the most powerful retail and financial institutions should be paying attention, before they go the way of Borders, Blockbuster and Britannica.
• A startup’s secret sauce to disruption: what fuels the startup and their founders; why they will succeed
• Find the sweet spot between the user’s needs and the goals of the business
• The art to Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Usability, Visual Emotion Connection and The Power of Prototyping
• How to identify and act on both quick win, and longer term opportunities to refine the touch points of your organization
• How to be a key leader in this evolution with the inspiration to transform your organization and the tools to think outside the box for true innovation.